DIY garlands are one of our favorite ways to showcase a variety of handmade flowers. And they’re a great way to decorate for different times of the year, too. Our felt flower spring garland is a beginner-friendly craft project with four easy-to-make flowers and two different kinds of leaves.
Just check out our supplies list below, then download our template and tutorial to make your own version!
Put a Spring in Your Garland
Our felt flower spring garland features a mix of dark and light colors with some vibrant pops of yellow. You can make your garland using whatever felt colors you prefer for the season you’re in. And you can also arrange the flowers however you’d like.
Once assembled, you can hang your felt flower spring garland anywhere in your home, or drape it across a mantel or bookshelf. It would also be really beautiful to use for a birthday celebration, wedding, or baby shower. The flowers are assembled on a wire base, so you can shape the garland however you want.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: We recommend using a cutting machine for quicker assembly, but you can always cut these flowers and leaves by hand. You can also make your garland whatever length you want (our finished garland is about 4′ long).
Other projects shown: Felt eucalyptus and felt English ivy
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Plum, Wisteria, Water Lily, English Rose, Sunshine, Fern and Pistachio (one each), Raspberry (two pieces)
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Topaz (725)
- Lia Griffith Felt Balls 1.5 cm — Water Lily
- Bind Wire – Green
How to Make a Felt Flower Spring Garland
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the flower template below.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Cut 2 long lengths of wire a little longer than your desired finished garland length (ours is 4ft long finished). Twist them together.
- Make small loops at both ends of the twisted wire.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY idea? Check out all of our felt flowers for more ideas. Or see more projects for spring!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Thanks so much! I have ordered supplies and can’t wait to make this. I also love the photo tutorials – so well done and helpful.
Love hearing that!
I love the new photo tutorial format! Thank you 🙂
Yay! We do too. 😉
I love this! The color combination is so pretty. Sorry if this is stated somewhere and I missed it but how many sheets of each color felt do you need? I see on the pdf template how many of each flower but it is hard to judge how many fit per sheet.
I just confirmed with Krista and added the notes to the materials list. She used two sheets of Raspberry and then one of each of the other colors.