During our November inspiration video, we gave you a sneak peek of these beautifully embroidered felt monogram ornaments that our designer Krista created. Some of you have been asking about them, so here they are! We are finally ready to share the tutorial with you so you can craft your own personalized ornaments.
While the stitching looks detailed, anyone with beginner embroidery skills can make these felt monogram ornaments. The pattern below includes a detailed embroidery guide and the photo tutorial will walk you through every step!
Both our SVG file and PDF template below include the whole alphabet so you can choose which letters you want to create. Maybe you want to select your own initials or choose someone else’s and craft these felt monogram ornaments as a gift. Or maybe you just want to make a pretty felt heart ornament for your tree. Either way, the downloads below have everything you need to get started!
For our felt monogram ornaments we chose colors from our November color palette. You might have noticed that we used some of these same felt colors for our felt hellebore flowers that we shared earlier this week. We also used two of the green shades for our felt mini trees. We are loving these colors for the fall and winter season, but of course can choose whichever colors you like best for your felt monogram ornaments.
When you’re ready to begin, just download the template and tutorial below. Whether you cut the felt patterns with your Cricut Maker or craft scissors, you’ll want to use detail scissors for the smaller pieces. Happy crafting and let us know if you have any questions! ~ Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — White, Merlot, Plum, Blush, Evergreen, and Eucalyptus
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Snow White (B5200), Very Dark Antique Mauve (3802), Medium Antique Mauve (316), Gold (5282), Very Dark Blue Green (500), Blue Green (502), and Dark Antique Blue (930)
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Sulky Stick’n Stitch (optional)
How to Make Felt Monogram Ornaments
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Print out the pattern below for whichever monogram letter you are making. Note: you can use a printable stabilizer such as “Sulky Stick’n Stitch” to print your pattern onto, remove the backing, stick onto the felt and stitch, following the design. You can also use a disappearing fabric pen to freehand the design directly onto the felt as a guide. The top of the PDF printout is the pattern for stitching with the small felt details that need to be cut out, and the bottom half is the embroidery guide.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern. You will need to use your scissors for the smaller pieces as the Cricut Maker will not cut them.
- Arrange the felt details according to the pattern. Hold them in place with a very small amount of tacky glue.
- Start with the straight stitches that will hold the felt pieces in place (see embroidery guide on the bottom half of the PDF pattern).
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on making paper flowers, home décor, jewelry, and more. And download tons of DIY patterns and SVG files by becoming a member of our crafting community!