Since we’re making a crepe paper hellebore for our Member Make this month, we decided we also needed a felt version for the felt flower lovers! Designed by Krista, this felt hellebore is easy to make and great for beginners. Just download our hellebore flower pattern and photo tutorial below to get started.
Hellebore flowers come in a variety of types and colors, allowing you to get as creative as you want with your felt hellebore arrangement. For our felt hellebore flowers, we used our November color palette, which you can find in our November inspiration video. To see the exact colors of felt we used, see the materials list below.
While this is a perfect winter flower to craft, it doesn’t have to be wintertime where you are to craft this stunning flower. However, if you are looking for summer flowers, be sure to browse all of our felt flowers for more ideas. Also with it being Veteran’s Day (or Remembrance Day), you may want to craft some felt red poppies today.
When you’re done crafting your felt flowers, make sure to share them with our crafting community! Just post your pictures on Facebook or Instagram and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia. You can also post them to our private Facebook page for members. Happy flower-making! ~ Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Merlot, Plum, Sweet Pea, Vanilla, Evergreen, and Fern
- Green Paper-Covered Wire – 18-Gauge and 24-Gauge
- Green Floral Tape – Lia Griffith Moss
- Paint Pen — Uni Posca Fuchsia
- Art Markers — Blick Studio Leaf Green (048) and Dark Green (049)
How to Make a Felt Hellebore Flower
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the hellebore flower pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors. Note: If using a cutting machine, cut the fringe for the stamens using a pair of scissors.
- Draw dots onto your felt petals with a fuschia paint pen.
- Use a bright green art marker to make dots onto white petals for another variety of hellebore.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
To download this flower pattern and get instant access to all of our craft projects, become a member!