A few days ago, we showed you how to make a crepe paper version of one of our favorite holiday plants—the Christmas cactus. Another great seasonal flower to craft is the Hellebores! Known as the Christmas rose, this flower blooms during the winter and offers us a stunning splash of color during colder months. To achieve the beautiful color variations you see here, our maker Angela used PanPastel pigments to create light and dark shades on each petal.
This DIY project is perfect for seasoned crafters, so if you want something a little more simple, make sure to check out the crepe paper Hellebores we made last year. To craft these gorgeous flowers, follow our tutorial below.
It doesn’t seem like flowers should bloom during the cold winter months, but this one does! That’s what makes it so special. If you don’t feel like gardening during winter, try making this crepe paper Hellebores (or Christmas rose) to enjoy indoors.
Another reason to make this flower out of paper is that it’s toxic to cats and dogs. So if you want to have a Hellebores in your home, and you have a pet, make sure to craft one out of paper or felt! Another pet-friendly flower you can craft for the holiday season is our crepe paper poinsettia flower or wreath.
Once you’re ready to make this crepe paper Christmas rose, just gather the tools and materials listed below. Then download our SVG file or PDF template at the end of this post and follow our tutorial. If you have any questions while crafting, just ask!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Raspberry, Aubergine, Vanilla
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Green Tea & Cypress + Ferns & Moss
- PanPastels – Hansa Yellow Shade 220.3, Magenta Shade 430.3, Magenta Extra Dark 430.1, Violet Extra Dark 470.1
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paint — Chartreuse
- Copic Marker — Blick Copic Ciao Double-Ended Marker in Violet
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 24-Gauge
- White Paper Covered Floral Wire – 26-Gauge
- Krylon Clear Finish Spray
How to Make a Christmas Rose (Hellebores)
- Gather the tools and materials above. Then download our Hellebores SVG file or PDF template at the bottom of this post.
- Using your scissors or cutting machine, cut your crepe paper according to the template notes.
- Cut your 26-gauge white wire into seven 4.5″ pieces. Apply hot glue to tip and hold upside down until dry to make stamen.
- Dip stamen tip into the satin paint and set aside to let dry.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.