Say hello to Spruce, the moose! Designed by Krista, this felt moose stuffie would make a cute and playful addition to a winter woodland themed scene for the holidays. You could even craft him a little scarf!
This is a great intermediate felt craft. If you have made any of our other standing animal stuffies before, then this project is perfect for you. New to hand-sewing and stitching or need a little more practice first? Check out our beginner felt projects and embroidery guide.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Moose on the loose
To craft our felt moose, we used our dark chocolate brown felt in Bark Brown for the body and Hazelnut for the antlers. You will see in our photo tutorial how we used wire inside the felt antlers to shape them. If you want, you could easily make a female moose too — simply omit the antlers!
For your woodland Christmas scene, you can add some mini felt trees and a few other woodland animals, including our felt winter bear, wolf, and rabbit. Or, you can always decorate your tree with these cute little stuffies, too! Whatever you do, be sure to share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram, posting to our private Facebook group for members, or by emailing photos to us.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Moose Stuffie
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4 or scissors.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using two strands of the dark brown embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat this step for all of the legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Bark Brown and Hazelnut
- Embroidery Floss — Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938) and Light Brown (434)
- Stuffie Puff — Fiber Fill
- Black Safety Eyes — 5mm
- 24-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member