This adorable felted log and tiny mushrooms are just a little bit more of designer Jessica’s felt magic in action. She’s made it easy for you to create your very own felted forest decor with a step-by-step photo tutorial and a set of straightforward instructions. If you enjoy making this project, why not start a whole collection of felted forest fun? Try our Tiny Felted Toadstools, our Felt Butterflies, and our Felted Snails (coming next week!!)
Tools & Materials
- Lia Griffith Felting Pad
- Lia Griffith Needle Felting Needle Holder
- Lia Griffith Felting Needles – pack of 6
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Two 2 1/2” Styrofoam Balls or Needle Felting Core Wool
- One 3 1/2” Styrofoam Ball
- Two White Pipe Cleaners (we used 6 mm jumbo size)
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Truffle, Natural Medium, Fog, Natural White, and Mint
- Wool Blend Felt (for leaf) – Pine
- Styrofoam Knife (optional)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut off the sides of the large styrofoam ball to create a rough log shape. The foam balls can be replaced with the core wool and it will keep your needles sharper longer.
- Shape the log by rolling it with your palm. Leave one side flat.
- Now felt the dark brown roving around the log.
- Next, felt the light brown roving on either end of the log.
- Felt the dark brown tree rings on both ends.
- Felt the small tree limb and glue on tiny leaves.
- Cut the small styrofoam balls in half. Cut 3 lengths of pipe cleaner (about 2”, 2 1/2”, 3 1/2”)
- Felt the white roving on the flat sides of the mushroom caps.
- Felt the grey and light green roving on the tops of the mushroom caps.
- Poke holes in the caps and the log, insert pipe cleaners, and glue.
- Trim the fuzz off the surfaces and bend the mushroom stems slightly.
Strut your Stuff!
Share photos of your flourishing felt forests using #MadeWithLia – we love seeing what you come up with! Feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments, and remember to follow us on Instagram, and Facebook. Want to start crafting with us? Become a Lia Griffith member today! Happy felting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.