There is nothing more luxurious than homemade bath and body products that are fresh, natural and organic. This grapefruit and lavender body butter is delicious. I had a hard time not wanting to scoop it right into my mouth… though I’m sure it feels and smells better than it actually tastes! I’ve included the full tutorial and recipe below. It is a base of two butters and two oils which make for a smooth and silky cream when melted, chilled and whipped together. It is on that last step of whipping that you will add your essential oils for the final fragrance. I love citrus mixed with lavender for a soothing yet energetic finish. Feel free to choose your favorite essential oils according to your personal preference. Once finished, label your body butter with our set of pretty Printable Labels.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a membership for more DIY projects made simple! For a chance to be featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your work — we love seeing what you’re up to! ~ Lia
- 1/2 cup each of organic
- • cocoa butter
- • shea butter
- • coconut oil
- • olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of essential oils (I used 1/4 each of grapefruit and lavender)
- Add cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and olive oil into a double boiler. If you do not have one, use a glass or metal bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Heat until melted, mixing with whisk. Remove whisk and put mixture into fridge for one hour or until firm.
- With hand mixer, whip oils until creamy and light. Add essential oils and mix again.
- Spoon your body butter into glass jars. Mixture may seem a bit moist after whipping but will firm up after a few minutes.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups of whipped body butter.