Member Make is officially back! If you don’t know what Member Make is, it’s a monthly live workshop we do for our members. You can also think of it as a creative challenge or prompt. This is your time to reconnect with your creativity, try something new, and connect with others in the crafting community.
And because this is your time to shine, we want Member Make to be more about you. And we want to reward you for your creativity! So instead of me picking the project each month, I will be taking a poll to find out what you want to make. Also, everyone who participates in the Member Make challenge and submits a photo will be entered in a giveaway! This month we’ll be giving away our Crepe Paper Flowers book and one pack of our Enchanted Garden crepe paper.
Crepe Paper Carnations
A lot of you have been asking me to create a paper carnation for a while now. So for our January Member Make challenge, I will show you how to make these crepe paper carnations live on YouTube at 11 a.m. PT. If you have the chance to join me live, I would love to see you there!
Can’t join us live? You can watch the video anytime.
How to Join the Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and join our Member Make Facebook page.
- Gather the tools and materials you need for this project—listed below (you can use different colors of crepe or a heavy crepe instead of fine). Then download the crepe paper carnations template at the end of this post. There is an SVG file for those of you with a cutting machine and a PDF for those of you cutting by hand.
- Watch the video to craft along with me and create your own version of this flower. Feel free to use different colors, create different sizes, make just one flower or a whole bunch, integrate them into another DIY project, and so on.
- Reach out to me and others in the community if you need some support! You can post progress pictures or ask questions on our Member Make Facebook page.
- Share your finished project with us by the end of the month to be entered in our giveaway. Make sure to post your pictures on the Member Make Facebook page or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake. And feel free to include a little blurb about your flower-making experience!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Sheers
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Enchanted Garden: Raspberry, Merlot, Aubergine, and Juniper
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 14mm & 20mm Spun Cotton Balls