Member Make is officially back! This month we are teaching you how to make some gorgeous crepe paper carnations.
If you don’t know what Member Make is, it’s a monthly live workshop we do for our members. You can also think of it as a creative challenge or prompt. This is your time to reconnect with your creativity, try something new, and connect with others in the crafting community.
A lot of you have been asking me to create a paper carnation for a while now. So for our January Member Make challenge, I will show you how to make these crepe paper carnations live on YouTube at 11 a.m. PT. If you have the chance to join me live, I would love to see you there!
Can’t join us live? You can watch the video below anytime.
How to Join the Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. Once you’re a member, you will get an email to also join our private Facebook group.
- Gather the tools and materials you need for this project—listed below (you can use different colors of crepe or a heavy crepe instead of fine). Then download the crepe paper carnations template at the end of this post. There is an SVG file for those of you with a cutting machine and a PDF for those of you cutting by hand.
- Watch the video to craft along with me and create your own version of this flower. Feel free to use different colors, create different sizes, make just one flower or a whole bunch, integrate them into another DIY project, and so on.
- Reach out to me and others in the community if you need some support! You can post progress pictures or ask questions on our private Facebook page.
- Share your finished project with us by the end of the month to be entered in our giveaway. Make sure to post your pictures on the private Facebook page or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake. And feel free to include a little blurb about your flower-making experience!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Raspberry, Merlot, Aubergine, and Juniper (or you can find these colors in our Enchanted Garden 10-Pack)
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 15mm & 20mm Spun Cotton Balls
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.