This flower is always a popular request! We made it for the first time a few years ago using bright pinks and bold reds. So this time around, Meagan chose a softer shade for these crepe paper pink carnations. We are also making it a little differently, including using PanPastel to color the petals.
When you’re ready to get started, check out our supplies list below. Then download the flower pattern and tutorial.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
These crepe paper pink carnations will look beautiful in your home year-round, but we think they would be especially pretty to put out for the holiday season. Place a few flowers on their own in a vase, add them to a bouquet, or create a Christmas-inspired arrangement with some crepe paper pine needles.
Skill level: Intermediate (using the white glue to attach the petal strips is a bit difficult with this flower)
Crafting tips: Be patient white adding the petal strips, and allow the glue to dry before adding the next petal set if it gets too mushy.
How to Make Crepe Paper Pink Carnations
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our flower pattern below.
- Cut crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the crepe paper petal strip in half.
- Fold petal strip so that all petals are stacked.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Zig Zag
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Pastel Soft Art Sponge
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Blush and Olive
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Red Iron Oxide Tint 380.8 and Burnt Sienna Shade 740.3
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member