Back to school is in full swing and this time of year is a great opportunity for some DIY fun! These felt pencil toppers are a great way to get kids excited for back to school. And they are a simple enough craft project for kids to help with too.
To help you make these cute school supplies, we have templates for you to cut out and some easy instructions to follow.
Crafts with a point
Depending on your child’s age, you may want to cut the shapes out for them first before they help assemble their felt pencil toppers. And although you can use our photos as a guide, I encourage you to mix and match the felt shapes to create your own monsters too!
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Cherry, Peacock, Mustard, Dove, Blush, White, and Black
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Black 310
- #2 Pencils
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our template below. Note: You’ll find cutting details on the template.
- Once you print the template, cut out each piece to use as a guide for cutting your felt pieces.
- Use glue to attach the pieces together to make the felt monster and cat faces. Note: You can use the illustrations on the template as a guide for where to glue your pieces.
- Next, use black embroidery floss and a needle to stitch the whiskers of the kitties and the mouths of the monsters. If you would rather not use a needle, you can draw in the mouths and whiskers with a fine point permanent marker.
- After the front and back pieces for each topper is ready, place them around your pencil and glue the front and back together to form the full felt pencil topper.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.