It’s been a while since we’ve done an ombré craft project! A lot of you loved our pink and yellow ombré oak leaf branches that we made last fall. So we decided to create a new DIY ombré project for a new season. Our designer Meagan made these ombré crepe paper tulips for us. And now we’re going to show you how you can make them!
Aren’t the colors so rich and gorgeous? Since tulip season is already over, crafting your own tulips is a great way to bring these pretty flowers into your home and enjoy them all summer long.
While we typically use PanPastel to get the ombré look, we’ve been trying out TintIT spray recently on our flowers. And we are having so much fun with it!
If you’re part of our Member Make, you know that we’ve used the Pinkolicious spray before for our crepe paper lilac flowers. But this time we also tried out the Strawberry and Mango sprays. You’ll see in the tutorial below for these ombré crepe paper tulips where we spray just the bottom half of the petal to get the ombré effect.
Along with the TintIT spray, we also used PanPastel—but just for the stamen. The stamen is made out of Sculpey clay, which we have used in other flower crafts, like our crepe paper tiger lily and our pink poinsettias. Considering the many different colors of Sculpey clay, TintIT spray, and PanPastel, you can really get as creative as you want to when it comes to your paper flowers!
Ready to craft some beautiful ombré crepe paper tulips for your home? Just follow our instructions below. And let us know if you have any questions! When you’re done with your flowers, don’t forget to share them with us by using #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Cypress, Camellia, and Blush + Enchanted Garden: Mango and Poppy
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Fern & Moss
- PanPastel — Diarylide Yellow (250.5)
- Design Master Tint IT Spray — Pinkolicious, Strawberry, and Mango
- Sculpey — Yellow
- 24-Gauge White Paper-Covered Wire
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
How to Make Ombré Crepe Paper Tulips
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut crepe paper according to the template notes, using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Cut 4-inch lengths of 24-gauge white wire; place a wire between two petal halves, gluing them together with tacky glue.
- Spray each petal with TintIT; spray the bottom half of the petal only to create an ombré effect.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!