If you’ve been following us for a while, then you know we love showing you how to make flowers out of crepe paper, frosted paper, and felt. Plus we now have some cardstock flowers for you to make too. Since we already have a frosted paper cyclamen, Meagan decide to create a potted crepe paper cyclamen for this month’s craft collection.
We recommend using a cutting machine for this flower due to the small, intricate pieces involved. Otherwise you can always cut by hand using detail scissors for the more narrow cuts.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Keep calm and cyclamen on
Unlike our frosted paper version, this potted crepe paper cyclamen is more advanced. Perfect if you’re looking for a more challenging flower to make! Our tutorial will walk you through all of the steps, including how to color your flowers and add more detail to your leaves with different kinds of markers.
Once you’ve assembled your cyclamen, you can use your favorite little pot to “plant” it in. This flower is on the smaller side, so we think it would be fun to keep on your office desk, a coffee table, or a kitchen counter or shelf.
Skill: Advanced due to the small, intricate pieces you’ll be assembling and lots of color details added
Crafting tip: Use needle-nose tweezers to place small pieces and the steel ball tool to shape petals.
Other projects shown: String of pearls plant
How to Make a Potted Crepe Paper Cyclamen
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Apply white glue to the base of the stamen then roll it beginning at the larger end.
- Cup the center of each petal using a steel ball tool.
Full tutorial available for members to download listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
Love this DIY idea? Explore all of our crepe paper flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Blush, Cypress, and Juniper
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Sangria & Aubergine
- Floral Tape — Green
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green and 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Karin Brushmarker Pro – Magenta Red
- Posca Paint Marker – 1M Ultra Fine Pen Bullet — White
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet — Khaki Green
- Pot, Floral Foam, and Moss
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member