After using these beautiful wooden beads for our macrame wall hanging, we thought it would be fun to use them for another project. Our designer Meagan came up with this wood bead tropical wreath for our May Craft Collection that features paper orchid flowers, monstera leaves, and palm leaves. As a final touch, she added a few lavender sprigs, which you can also find in our crepe paper wrist corsage.
This wood bead wreath is perfect for all skill levels, including beginners. And we have included a PDF template as well as an SVG file below if you want to cut by hand or use your cutting machine.
Wooden you like to make your own wreath?
If you want to switch it up from tropical flowers, this wood bead wreath can be used as a base for many of our asymmetrical wreaths. For example, you could use it for this anemone wreath, our hellebore wreath, or our paper succulent wreath. Another option is to make this tropical wreath using a braided rope wreath as your base instead of the wooden beads.
Whether you make this wood bead tropical wreath or change up the design, we’d love to see your version! You can always email photos of your projects to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag #MadeWithLia on Instagram or Facebook.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Conifer Pack: Colors 3 and 4 & Citrus Pack: Color 4
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper — Lilac
- 10″ Gold Embroidery Hoop
- Wood Beads — 1″ and 1.5″
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Salmon Pink (076)
How to Make a Wood Bead Tropical Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut gold hoop at seam using heavy-duty wire cutters.
- Add wooden beads to hoop; we added beads in a 3 small, 2 big, 3 small, 1 big pattern.
- When adding the last bead, line it up with the cut in the hoop, apply hot glue inside of bead, then add bead to hoop. Add more glue if needed to hold hoop closed.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!