It has been a while since I’ve posted a homemade lotion recipe for you! My homemade whipped body butter was the last DIY skincare solution that I shared. And that was almost a year ago! This lotion recipe is similar to the homemade lotion I made a couple of years ago. But I’ve added two new ingredients to the mix. In addition to using my favorite essential oils, I also mixed in some argan oil and collagen booster gel to my aloe vera and coconut oil lotion. This is my favorite lotion with all of the natural ingredients.
Below I will show you how to make this lotion and which bottles I like to use. I have also included some printable labels in the PDF at the end of this post. One design features the five ingredients that are in this DIY lotion recipe and the other is an editable design that you can customize. We like to make things pretty around here, plus adding a label to any homemade beauty product is an easy way to identify what’s in the bottle.
An Essential DIY
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that using wholesome, natural ingredients in my day-to-day life is very important to me. That’s one of the reasons I like to make my own bath and beauty products. It’s also a great way to save money on skincare!
For my aloe vera and coconut oil lotion, I tried out three essential oils—sweet orange, lavender, and geranium. I also added argan oil, which is known for its nourishing and hydrating properties. Additionally, it is rich in antioxidants, which can help to rejuvenate your skin.
The other new ingredient in my natural handmade lotion is a collagen booster gel. If you’re unfamiliar with collagen, it is a protein in your body that supports healthy skin, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and bones. Over time, your body’s production of collagen slows down. So, taking in extra collagen may make your skin look more radiant, support healthy joints, and so on. Since I’m all for natural ways to boost your health, I added this gel into my coconut oil lotion recipe.
Coconut oil is another natural ingredient I use for many things. If you’re curious about what you can do with coconut oil besides cook with it, make sure to read my post on my top 10 uses for coconut oil.
For more ideas, be sure to browse through my entire collection of DIY bath and beauty products. You’ll find more handmade lotions as well as face masks, body scrubs, lip balm, and more. I also have some makeup washcloths with a positive message I designed for you to simply iron on. This is a great way to get a daily affirmation!
What You Will Need
- 99% Aloe Vera Gel — 6 oz.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil — 1.5 oz.
- Living Silica Collagen Booster Gel — 1.5 oz.
- Argan Oil — 20 drops
- Your Favorite Essential Oil — 10 drops (use more or less, depending on your preference)
- Printable Vinyl Label Paper
- 8 oz. Amber Pump Bottles
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Scale
- Baking Paper
Instructions for DIY Lotion
- Weigh each ingredient and place into a mixing bowl. Whisk together to emulsify until white and creamy.
- Create piping bag from baking paper (see photo below) for your lotion mixture. Clip an opening at the tip of your piping bag and squeeze lotion into bottle.
- To make the labels, download the free font Jost and the PDF below.
- Open and edit your text in Adobe Reader; then print on printable vinyl (our favorite!) or full sheet label paper.
- Apply to the amber pump bottles after you have filled them with lotion.
Get Crafty with Us!
To start crafting projects with us and get instant access to our DIY templates and tutorials, join our crafting community.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.