Some of you may remember this hellebore we made for one of our previous Member Make workshops. But as you know, we are always experimenting and reinventing how we make flowers! For this month’s workshop, we will be showing you how to combine two different types of paper to make a crepe paper and frosted paper hellebore.
As always, you can get ready for the workshop ahead of time by grabbing the supplies you need from our list below. Then join our YouTube Live on December 23rd at 11:00 am PT , or you can watch the video recording later.
The hellebore is one of our favorite winter flowers to craft. For this updated version, we used our double-sided white for the petals, the lightest white gold frosted paper in our metallic golds pack and our extra-fine crepe paper in fern for the centers, and our extra-fine in juniper for the leaves.
We are mixing in the frosted paper to add more detail and structure to these small flowers. And we are also adding color by using PanPastel on the petals and a brush marker on the centers.
If you haven’t joined one of our live workshops before, make sure to read the steps below. Otherwise you can skip on down to the tools and materials list.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on December 23rd at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make these crepe and frosted paper hellebore blooms and buds. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use different materials or try different techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper and frosted paper hellebore! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Zig Zag (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Curling Tool
- Member Make Paper & Spun Balls Bundle (save 20% while stock lasts!)
— OR —
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & White
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Fern and Juniper
- Metallic Golds Pack — Light Gold
- 15 mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- PanPastel — Magenta Tint 430.8 and Bright Yellow Green 680.5 or Designer Set
- Blick Studio Brush Marker — Chartreuse
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue