After getting some requests from members to make more advanced flowers, we are stepping it up this year for our Member Make workshops! After all, we started these workshops to give you a fun, creative challenge each month to help you grow your skills as a crafter. For our January Member Make, Meagan is showing us how to make this crepe paper hybrid tea rose.
To prepare for our workshop, gather the supplies you need from our linked list below. Then watch the video tutorial to learn how to assemble this beautiful paper flower.
Let your creativity bloom
With Valentine’s Day coming up next month, we obviously had to make a rose in honor of the holiday. We have made many roses over the years out of paper and felt. So if you’re looking to start with something simpler than this crepe paper hybrid tea rose, you may want to browse our rose collection and try one of those flowers first.
Along with learning how to make this crepe paper hybrid tea rose, you will learn how to color your petals with PanPastel. You’ll notice that we used our double-sided vanilla & chiffon crepe paper for this flower. So this means we will be using a lot of PanPastel to achieve this pretty peachy-orange shade for your roses.
Of course you are always welcome to use a different color of crepe paper or PanPastel. Whatever you do with your flowers, we’d love to see them! Be sure to post photos on our Crafters Community page, or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Advanced
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Zig Zag
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Blending Brushes or Sofft Art Sponges
- January Member Make Bundle (On sale while stock lasts on the four items below)
— OR —
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Vanilla & Chiffon and Green Tea & Cypress
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper
- 15mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
Additional Materials Needed:
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Tape — Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Orange 280.5, Magenta Tint 430.8, and Burnt Sienna Shade 740.3
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set (optional alternative to the individual pots)
- Krylon UV Resistant Fixative Spray (optional)
Want more flower templates and tutorials like this one? Browse all of our crepe paper flowers. Or see our previous Member Make workshops. You can also explore our Valentine’s Day crafts for more ideas.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.