We have finished up our Tropical Mother’s Day collection, but we’re not done with the tropical projects yet! Here is a super simple tutorial for making crepe paper plumeria blooms. Plumerias, or frangipani, are found in tropical places like Hawaii and the Caribbean, but with the magic of paper flower making, you can display some gorgeous plumerias wherever you are. These flowers are perfect for transitioning into summer home decor, or as decorations for hosting a tropical themed gathering.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Adhesive Dot Roller
- Art Sponge
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Peach + Petal , Flamingo + Peony Pink
- Floral Tape — Fern
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- PanPastel – Magenta and Diarylide Yellow
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF template at the bottom of the post and cut petals according to the pattern.
- Using the art sponge, color the bottom half of the petals with the yellow pastel.
- Blend the magenta pastel onto the outer edges of the lower half of the petals.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Watch our video tutorial for a visual guide to crafting a crepe paper plumeria!
Before crafting with the crepe, we always recommend that newbies take a look at our Crepe Paper 101 video for guidance on cutting and stretching the material. Other than that, this flower is pretty straightforward! You are welcome to practice blending the pastels on a sheet of regular copy paper before adding color to the crepe. If you want to add tropical leaves like the ones in our photos, find our templates from our tropical leaf wreath.
More Tropical Inspiration
For more tropical flowers, be sure to find our crepe paper hibiscuses and felt plumerias. Or if you love tropical decor, head over to our adorable felt toucan wall hanging! Always feel free to leave a comment with project suggestions and requests, we love getting you in on the creative process. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily doses of inspiration, or visit our membership page to start crafting with us. See you soon! ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.