Yes, we are still doing our monthly Member Make workshop in addition to our Spring Summit! This month Meagan will be showing us how to make these gorgeous crepe paper southern magnolias.
To get ready for our workshop, gather the tools and materials you need below. Then join us live on April 16th at 11 am PT.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We have made quite a few magnolias over the last few years. But as always, we are refining our techniques! Meagan designed a new pattern for us and will be showing us how to add more detail to our petals with PanPastel. We will also be using the Colortool spray to color our magnolia leaves and give them that gorgeous, rich shade of brown on the undersides.
Because the centers of this magnolia are more intricate, we recommend using a Maker or Cameo 4 for this flower. But you can always use our template to cut by hand. If you have not joined a Member Make workshop before, be sure to read the steps below.
Crafting tip: Be gentle when stretching the petals. It is easy to over stretch double-sided crepe paper, and it will wrinkle if over stretched.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on April 16th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make these crepe paper southern magnolias. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use a different color of crepe paper for your flowers and leaves or try different coloring techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper southern magnolias! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & Vanilla / Vanilla & Chiffon and Green Tea & Cypress
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Basic Pack: Brown
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Putty (093)
- Floral Tape — Bark & Pine
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Walnut Wood Tone
- PanPastel — Burnt Sienna (740.5)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member