We have been having a lot of fun with felt lately! Just recently we created these adorable felt bird ornaments. And before that, we showed you how to make holiday décor felt letters. This felt greenery garland is currently hanging on our staircase and it looks so beautiful! It’s also really quite simple to make. So even if you haven’t worked with felt much, you could easily create this gorgeous garland for your own staircase or mantel.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
If you enjoy felt projects, or you like the look of a leaf garland, we will show you how to create your own felt greenery garland. Our designer Meagan made this one and we are loving it! To give this garland a festive touch, we used a couple different red and green felt colors and pom poms, all linked below.
Some other DIY decorations of ours that would complement this felt greenery garland are our embroidered felt ornaments, whimsical felt trees, and our red ombré felt wreath. If you craft any of these felt projects, we’d love to see them. Make sure to share your seasonal décor with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
How to Make Felt Greenery Garland
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut felt according to template notes, using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Cut wire to the length you want your garland to be. Then glue the wire to the middle of each leaf strand; connect multiple strands to cover the wire.
- Fold each leaf strand in half over the wire, using hot glue to attach.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
We’ll be sharing new DIY ideas for the holidays as well as old favorites on our social pages. So if you want some holiday ideas and inspiration, make sure to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
You can also become a member of our crafting community. As a member, you can download our DIY templates, SVG files, photo tutorials, and more. Want to learn more? Head over to our membership page for more details.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (recommended)
- Cricut Fabric Grip Mat 12×24 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- 18-Gauge Silver Wire
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Juniper, Evergreen, Merlot
- Felt Balls – Cotton, Merlot and Pomegranate (we used size small and extra small)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member