Do your kids ever see you with your morning coffee and say they want some, too? Craft this felt play cafe set and let them join you next time! Or set up a coffee playdate—complete with felt breakfast foods and felt kitchen utensils.
With this felt play cafe set, your kids can whip up four different drinks. There’s coffee with cream, latte art, latte with foam, and hot cocoa with marshmallows. Whether they’re on their own or with friends, this DIY project is great for imaginative play!
You can make this felt play cafe set for your own kids or as a gift for the little ones in your life. Our designer Krista used a dark royal blue felt for the cups, but you can use whatever colors you like!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Micro-Tip Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle and Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Doe Brown, Camel, Bark Brown, and Snow White
- Benzie Wool Blend Felt – Blue
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Mocha Beige (3863), Light Tan (437), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), Snow White (B5200), and Very Dark Royal Blue (820)
How to Make a Felt Play Cafe
- Gather tools and materials. Download your SVG cut file or PDF template.
- Using your cutting machine or scissors, cut out felt according to the play cafe pattern.
- Pin together the two side pieces of the coffee cup. Blanket stitch the top edge with three strands of matching embroidery floss, stopping at about halfway across.
- Form into a cylinder shape and pin the un-sewn edge. Trim off the excess felt from the inner layer due to the curve (see photo tutorial).
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
To make this felt play cafe set and other crafts, become a member. As a member, you get access to SVG cut files, PDF templates, and step-by-step tutorials.