Do your kids ever see you with your morning coffee and say they want some, too? Craft this felt play cafe set and let them join you next time! Or set up a coffee playdate—complete with felt breakfast foods and felt kitchen utensils.
With this felt play cafe set, your kids can whip up four different drinks. There’s coffee with cream, latte art, latte with foam, and hot cocoa with marshmallows. Whether they’re on their own or with friends, this DIY project is great for imaginative play!
You can make this felt play cafe set for your own kids or as a gift for the little ones in your life. Our designer Krista used a dark royal blue felt for the cups, but you can use whatever colors you like!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Micro-Tip Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle and Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Lapis, Doe Brown, Camel, Bark Brown, and Snow White
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Mocha Beige (3863), Tan (436), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), Snow White (B5200), and Very Dark Royal Blue (820)
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff x2
How to Make a Felt Play Cafe
- Gather tools and materials. Download your SVG cut file or PDF template.
- Using your cutting machine or scissors, cut out felt according to the play cafe pattern.
- Pin together the two side pieces of the coffee cup. Blanket stitch the top edge with three strands of matching embroidery floss, stopping at about halfway across.
- Form into a cylinder shape and pin the un-sewn edge. Trim off the excess felt from the inner layer due to the curve (see photo tutorial).
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Here are some other fun felt foods you can make! Craft our DIY felt vegetables, felt pasta play food set, or felt burger. And for dessert—felt ice cream bars.
Want to see what we’re working on? We share new projects every day on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also browse our video tutorials for paper flowers, DIY home décor, and more.
To make this felt play cafe set and other crafts, become a member. As a member, you get access to SVG cut files, PDF templates, and step-by-step tutorials.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I really loved this project, but I wanted to give the mugs some more structure. I decided to take some acetate sheeting (or rather some plastic trash similar to acetate sheets), cut it to the same dimensions as the body of the mug, put the cutout in-between the felt layers. This worked great! You should definitely add it to your tutorial.
That is a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Hi! Just wondering what size paper we should print the template out on. I’m not sure what the dimensions of the pieces should be. Thanks so much, can’t wait to make these!
Hi! Most of our patterns are 8.5×11. Once in awhile you’ll find one that’s 11×17 (tabloid) but we try to stick to the standard size.
Hi! Ive tried to download svg file and it’s this teeny tiny image . Can you help?? Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks for letting me know, there was a small error in the file. Try the new one I just added 🙂