Known primarily for their strikingly striped tails, ring-tailed lemurs are just one of over a hundred species of the cute, yellow-eyed primate. This adorable design is made to sit upright and includes two sizes for a mama lemur and her baby. Whether alone or joined by our felt toucan and felt pineapple for your rainforest-themed decor, this project is a sweet addition to your DIY stuffie collection.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Lovely Little Lemur
This precious felt ring-tailed lemur is a great intermediate craft, requiring a bit of construction know-how to weight it properly. If you’re looking for a more beginner-friendly stuffie project, check out our hand-cut felt dolphins — or these mini-felt friends! Intermediate or beginner, if you need more guidance, check out our skills course: 8 Easy Steps To Create Any Felt Stuffie.
When choosing your felt, you can keep our high-contrast palette of black, white, and grey — perfect for a baby shower present — or get a little wild and make your lemur friends any color you wish for a truly one-of-a-kind toy! Be sure to share your creation with us and the rest of our crafting community.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Stitches used: Whip, blanket, and ladder stitch. Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide for a photo tutorial.
Crafting tip: To add more weight to your felt ring-tailed lemur, you can make a simple small pouch out of scrap fabric and fill it with plastic beads. Place the pouch inside prior to stuffing the body with filling. This ensures your new friend can sit perched up high on your favorite shelf!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission Disclosure
How to Make a Felt Ring-Tailed Lemur
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the zip file below.
- Cut out felt according to the template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Match up the details on the head according to the PDF template. Whip stitch in place using 1 strand of matching embroidery floss.
- Trim off the excess white felt from the backside to reduce bulk at the seams later. Repeat to make the other side of the head, mirrored from the first.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Clover Marbled Glass Head Pins
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Marble, White, Charcoal, Black, and Mango
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Pearl Grey (415), Snow White (B5200), Very Light Ash Grey (535), Black (310), and Deep Canary (972)
- Black Safety Eyes — 6mm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Chenille Stems
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Poly-Pellets Weight Stuffing Beads (optional)
- Scrap fabric (optional – to contain weighted beads)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member