Save Time Searching
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for a limited time... You can get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects as an annual member for just $79! When you join during this exclusive sale, you'll get unlimited access to all of our projects, video library, and a FREE Crepe Paper Flower Master Class perfect for beginners. You'll also get a few other goodies that can't be Googled! 😉
Want to see all the limited-time-only goodies you can't Google?
Have a little one who loves to play with castles? We think you’ll love this DIY craft that Krista designed. Our papercut castle luminary makes cute table decor for a medieval or fantasy-themed kid’s party. Just swap out the paper colors to match your decor!
To help you make this project, we’ve included a PDF template and SVG cut file below. Due to the intricate details, we recommend using a cutting machine, but you can also cut this paper craft by hand.
Turn that crown upside down
Anything involving pretend play is sure to make your little one smile! While we think this papercut castle luminary would be fun to use for birthday decorations, you could also use it as regular bedroom decor. With our pattern, you can make as many castles as you like and in whatever color combos your kiddo prefers.
Once assembled, you can place some LED tea lights inside your paper castles to give them a bit of a glow. To create more of a village scene, you could craft some little trees to go in the background and add our fairy tale castle finger puppets.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Use a cutting machine to make this project even easier!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, Ruler, and Scoring Tool (if cutting by hand)
- Adhesive Dot Roller or Glue Stick
- Medium Weight Cardstock Paper – Recollections Earth pack, PaperPapers Basis Green and Burgundy
- LED Tea Lights
How to Make a Papercut Castle Luminary
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out and score the paper castle pieces according to the template. If you are not using a cutting machine, use the PDF template to trace onto your paper of choice and then cut it out with a detail knife and ruler. Score and fold along all of the dotted lines.
- Glue the banners and trim details onto the castle.
- Form castle into a box shape, gluing the long tab to the opposite side. Fold the top edge out to make a right angle.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
For more DIY pretend play ideas, we also have this cute felt crown and a felt stick unicorn. If you are using these luminaries for birthday decorations, you might want to make our papercut mythological creature candy huggers as party favors.
Whatever you craft, we hope you share photos with us! Email pictures of your projects to email@example.com, post them to our Facebook page for members, or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Let Your Creativity Bloom!
Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates. Plus! Members get exclusive deals at our sister shop - Felt Paper Scissors. Everything you need to let your creativity bloom is waiting for you here!Become a Member for $79