To finish our set of DIY felt gift toppers or ornaments, all in warm, wooly woodland style, here are the acorn and mushroom patterns and tutorial. All of the wool blend felt used in this series is from Benzie Design. If you have not worked with wool or wool blend felt, you owe it to yourself to try. It feels so luxurious to the touch and is easy to cut and sew. Like I have said before, I have become addicted to wool felt. We are thinking of doing a spring animal series. What do you think? Be sure to check out the other animals in this series: fox, bear, raccoon, squirrel, deer, and bunny. This set is for sure to delight both kids and the grown-ups. Hope you have enjoyed! ~ Lia
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Hazelnut, White, and Spruce
- Felt – Crimson
- Embroidery Floss – DMC White, Black
- Gather your materials.
- Cut felt pieces using pattern.
- Glue small pieces, caps and stems into place.
- Blanket stitch around edge of piece to attach back and front.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!