For those of you who follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you know I am in London this week debuting my new paper craft kits. Very exciting! Trips like this always throw off my blog schedule, so my plan to start my series of felt animals has been delayed for a few day. Let’s get started with this felt fox ornament.
How cute is this? Using the template, this little felt fox ornament is quite simple to assemble. Once all the felt pieces are cut, you can use a hot glue or craft glue to attach the small pieces of detail. Blanket stitch the outer edge of the fox, add a little stuffing and you are done with this adorable buddy. He is ready to add to the top of a holiday gift or hang on the Christmas tree.
NOTE: If I were to make a second fox, I would assemble the tail separate from the body and attach on back of fox body after both pieces are complete. Be sure to check out my other DIY Felt Christmas ornaments: deer, bear, raccoon, squirrel, bunny, and mushroom & acorns. Enjoy! ~ Lia
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Paprika, Black, White, and Spruce
- Embroidery Floss – DMC 310 Black
- 6mm Craft Eyes (can also use 2 Small Black Beads or Buttons)
- Fiber Fill
- Gather your materials and download the pattern for our felt fox below.
- Cut the template out of felt using your scissors.
- Glue small felt pieces in place with hot glue.
- Sew black beads, buttons, or craft eyes on your felt fox.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.