Meet Freckles, our new felt leopard stuffie! Thanks to our designer Krista, our collection of felt animal stuffies has been growing steadily. Between our felt lion and lioness, felt sea otter, and felt zebra, we have enough felt animal patterns for you to make an entire zoo.
This is a great intermediate craft project for those of you who are ready to take your hand-sewing skills to the next level. If you’re looking for something a bit simpler, check out our felt elephant. Or, if you’re a beginner, our felt fox is a good project to start with.
Spotted: Another Cute Animal Stuffie
Krista always makes the cutest felt animal stuffies! Today we’re showing you step by step how to make this felt leopard stuffie, which includes drawing the spots on with black and brown paint pens. You can use our photo tutorial as a guide, or play around with the size and shape of your spots to make it your own.
Along with showing you how to draw the spots onto your felt leopard stuffie, we will show you how to sew your felt pieces together and stitch the details onto your leopard’s face. If you have any questions while crafting, just comment below and we will help you out!
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Camel, White, Black, Hazelnut, and Rose Quartz
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Tan (436), Light Brown(434), Black (310), Snow White (B5200), and Very Light Shell Pink (224)
- Black & Brown Paint Pens — Uni Posca Paint Markers
- Pipe Cleaner
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
How to Make a Felt Leopard Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the leopard pattern below.
- Cut out felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- To make the leopard spots, we recommend that you practice first on a scrap piece of felt. Draw irregular spots onto the felt body pieces using a brown paint pen. Carefully press out the excess ink onto a scrap piece of paper. Let dry completely — the ink has a tendency to bleed if you don’t wait for each layer to dry.
- Draw on blob-shaped borders around the spots with a black paint pen to make leopard spot rosettes.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Get Crafty with Us!
Want more ideas like this one? Explore all of our felt and fiber crafts on the site. Or branch out and try something new! We have paper flowers, jewelry, and many more DIY project ideas for you to browse.
For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials.
Questions? Feedback? Let us know in the comments below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
awww cute i want one
such an adorable giraffe you have very good taste and talent
Gosh … this little guy is just adorable. Thank you for the clear cut instructions and beautiful pictures!