If you couldn’t tell, we love foxes! We have made a few different felt foxes over the years, but this felt red fox is our first standing version. And it fits in perfectly with all of the other woodland animal stuffies that Krista has designed.
Due to its construction, this is a great intermediate felt project. So if you’re looking for more of a beginner project, you may want to try this felt fox stuffie instead.
Think outside the fox
We love helping you get creative! Our felt red fox would make a great handmade gift for kids — or anyone who loves foxes. If you are making this at home with little ones around, they can join in on the fun by crafting our pom-pom fox pals, this simple felt fox cup cozy, or a felt pinecone fox.
Crafting tip: For a more wintery version of this felt red fox, you could use white or gray felt instead to make an arctic fox.
New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Oakwood, Bark Brown, Cotton, and Black
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Dark Red Copper (918), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), Ultra Very Light Mocha Brown (3866), and Black (310)
- Black Craft Eyes — 5mm
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make a Felt Red Fox
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the fox pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker (optional) or scissors.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using two strands of white embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat this step for all of the legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
If you love foxes like I do, make sure to check out all of our fox crafts, including this beautiful fox artwork. You can also make some other woodland animals to go with your felt fox, like our felt moose, wolf, and bear.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.