Anytime we craft something out of paper, we eventually have to try making a felt version. A couple of years ago we made a super cute strawberry plant out of paper. And since we love to experiment with all kinds of materials, our designer Krista has made this felt strawberry plant with little white blooms. So sweet!
This is a great intermediate craft project, so if you’re a beginner, you may want to check out this felt strawberry instead. Otherwise, just follow our photo tutorial below.
A berry fun project
Felt foods are always so fun to craft. And with spring coming up, we can’t help but think of all the yummy fruits and veggies that will soon be in season. Strawberries are one of our favorite things to make — and today we’re showing you not just how to craft a felt strawberry, but an entire felt strawberry plant!
One of the things we love about this project is that you can unhook the strawberries from their stems. If you’re crafting this felt strawberry plant for your little one, you can also make some felt veggies for your kiddo to plant in their garden. As their garden “grows,” they can harvest their fruits and veggies and whip up some meals in their play kitchen.
Of course this strawberry plant would also make cute kitchen decor — along with our felt pineapple and felt lemons. Whoever you craft it for, we’d love to see your final project! Just tag #MadeWithLia on Instagram or Facebook. Enjoy! ~ Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Cherry, Moss, White, and Mango
- Paper Covered Floral Wire — cut to 16″
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Bright Christmas Red (666), Topaz (725), and Dark Hunter Green (3345)
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Paper Maché Pot
How to Make a Felt Strawberry Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Apply a thin line of glue down the center of a large leaf. Fold the leaf in half, pinching along the fold. Leave the stem part of the leaf unglued for now.
- Pop the leaf open and flatten the top out. Repeat for the other leaves, big and small.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!