Did you know that zinnias are the hardest working flowers in a garden? And now you can show off your hard work too with this beautiful crepe paper zinnia!
We’ve listed out everything you need to make your own bouquet of Zinnias below. Just gather the tools and materials and follow along with our easy-to-follow instructions.
Zany for zinnias
We just love the sweet, little petals and big fluffy centers of this crepe paper zinnia — they are just so cheery looking! Zinnias bloom from mid-summer until frost, so this is a perfect flower to make right now. And of course making it out of crepe paper means you can enjoy it long after the first frost.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Our tutorial below shows how you can thicken the wire with floral tape, but another option is to use a thick stem wire instead.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Scissors or Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4
- Detail Scissors
- Curling Tool
- Art Sponge
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Vanilla, Blush, Ruby, and Cypress
- Pan Pastel – Red Iron Oxide Extra Dark, Orange, and Pearlescent Red
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
How to Make a Crepe Paper Zinnia
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut the crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Shade the pinked edge on half of one red crepe paper piece with brown pastel; shade the pinked edge of two of the vanilla crepe with orange and the remaining three with pink pastel .
- Fringe the pinked edge of all stamen pieces with the detail scissors and curl them with the curling tool; then use your fingers to cup each petal.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Love making flowers? Explore more crepe paper flowers here. And don’t forget to share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting photos of your Lia Griffith creations to our Facebook page for members. We love seeing the creative magic you conjure!