Did you know that Zinnias are the hardest working flowers in a garden? Show off your hard work too with this beautiful crepe paper Zinnia project! We’ve listed out everything you need to make your own bouquet of Zinnias below. Just gather the tools and materials and follow along with our easy-to-follow instructions.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Lia Griffith “Vanilla”, “Blush”, Ruby“, and ”Juniper”
- Pan Pastel – “Red Iron Oxide Ex. Dark”, “Orange”, and “Pearlescent Red”
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Moss”
- Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to template notes using scissors.
- Shade the pinked edge on half of one red crepe piece with brown pastel, shade the pinked edge of two of the vanilla crepe with orange and the remaining three with pink pastel .
- Fringe the pinked edge of all stamen pieces with the detail scissor and curl them in using the curling tool, then use your fingers to cup each petal.
- Wrap the wire with floral tape to thicken it for the stem of the flower.
- Begin wrapping the brown shaded side of the red crepe stamen around the tip of the stem using tacky glue to secure it in place.
- Wrap the second red fringed stamen around the stem with the fringe curling in.
- Wrap the two pieces of yellow shaded fringed stamen around the red stamen.
- Wrap the three pieces of the pink shaded fringed stamen around the yellow stamen with the fringe curling in.
- Pinch the base of the stamen in against the stem you may need to use a dab of glue to hold it.
- Glue 6 petals evenly around the base of the stamen with the petals cupping up.
- Glue the remaining 6 petals in between each of the petals you already placed
- Glue the two short edges of the sepal together, then stretch one end lightly to rue the edge
- Slide the sepal onto the stem rue side up, secure it in place by wrapping the base with floral tape.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia. We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team