We have some new felt fruit for you today! Thanks to a member request and Krista’s clever design work, you can now make some felt bananas to go along with your felt oranges, pineapples, pears, kiwis, and strawberries.
This is a beginner-friendly project and an easy pattern to cut by hand. Just follow our step-by-step tutorial below and be sure to let us know if you have any questions!
This craft is (felt) bananas
Our felt bananas make a cute toy for little ones who love to play pretend. With our pattern below, you can make a whole banana as well as a peeled banana. Though we used a classic yellow felt for the peels, you could also make some green, unripe bananas for fun.
Skill level: Beginner
Embroidery stitches used: Backstitch and blanket stitch. Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Clover Marbled Glass Head Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Sunshine, Vanilla, Almond, and Bark Brown
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Topaz (725), Off White (746), Light Mocha Beige (3864), and Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
How to Make Felt Bananas
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out felt according to template using a cutting machine with a rotary blade (optional) or scissors.
- To make the peeled banana, lightly glue the inner vanilla colored banana pieces to the yellow outer layer. The two side pieces should be mirrored from each other.
- Starting at what will be the bottom of the peel, blanket stitch the oval shaped side piece to one of the curved side pieces using 2 strands of matching yellow floss. Stop where indicated on the PDF template (magenta colored dot).
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.