Our unicorns are back with this adorable felt unicorn project. These magical stuffies make a great gift for the unicorn lover in your life. You can create your own with our felt unicorn diy tutorial below. So gather your tools, materials, and creativity and join us in creating this fantastic fantasy project.
To browse more of our felt animal stuffies, click here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- White Felt
- Black and White Paint (optional)
- 2 Gray Beads
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Pink (225), Purple (3743), Light Shell Gray (453), White (Blanc)
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out felt pieces according to pattern.
- Use blanket stitch to attach one Back to one Body piece. Line up pink dots on face of Body and head of Back piece.
- Blanket stitch Belly piece to Body, lining up the head side of the Belly piece to the head side of Back piece. Sew down the neck to the first leg.
- Line up blue dots and stitch one Front Leg to Belly.
- Blanket stitch underside of Body to Belly. Line up green dots and blanket stitch Back Leg to Belly.
- Line up back legs, then continue to sew end of Belly piece around rear of Body. Leave end of Belly and end of back pieces open.
- Sew around Front Leg, stung with poly-fil as you sew.
- Sew up Back Leg and finish stung front and back legs.
- Line up second Body piece and sew from nose down and around. Add Front Leg and Back Leg as you did on other side.
- Sew around legs and stu with poly-fil. Stop sewing at point where Belly and Back meet at tail.
- Cut 25 strands of embroidery floss to 3.5” long, and knot one end.
- Place knot inside between tail ends of Body and Belly and sew up ends with tail between.
- Sew both gray eyes into place.
- Continue to sew up second Body piece to Back, leaving a small opening at head to add poly-fil.
- Sew horn together, then sew around each ear; pull floss tight at bottom of ears to create small fold.
- Sew ears onto head.
- Glue horn on top of head. Glue embroidery floss around base, and then spiral around and up the horn.
- Cut 30 strands of embroidery floss to 5” long.
- Thread string through needle and pull through small piece of felt in center of head; double knot string. Repeat down the top of neck.
- (Optional) Use end of paint brush to add black dot in the center of eye; let dry then add three small white dots.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team