Our unicorns are back with this adorable felt unicorn project. This magical stuffie makes a great gift for the unicorn lover in your life. You can create your own with our felt unicorn DIY tutorial below. So gather your tools, materials, and creativity, and join us in creating this fantastic fantasy project!
This unicorn pattern is very simple to cut by hand, and we recommend using detail scissor for a more precise cut. However, you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 if you prefer.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
A Unicorn is Born
Designed by Krista, she created this brand-new pattern for our felt unicorn kit in the shop. And we have now made it available for our members to download! You can still get the kit if you need all of the materials we used, but of course you can always personalize this craft project by choosing your own felt colors and embroidery floss.
If you are making this felt unicorn for a little one who loves unicorns, you might also want to craft some unicorn wall art, our fairytale finger puppets, or a felt stick unicorn for them to ride around on.
Skill level: Intermediate
Embroidery stitches used: Whipstitch, blanket stitch, chain stitch, and straight stitch. For more guidance on these stitches, check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course: 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Unicorn
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to pattern, using either your scissors (recommended) or your cutting machine (optional).
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using 2 strands of the white lavender embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat for all of the legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
More to Explore
Love this DIY craft? We also have some other magical creatures you can make, such as our felt pegasus stuffie, felt dragon, and felt griffin. If you’re crafting this felt unicorn as a gift, you might also want to gift our needle-felted rainbow.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Wooden Chopstick
- Disappearing Fabric Ink Pen
- Unicorn Kit (includes materials below)
— OR —
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Water Lily
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Medium Antique Mauve (316) x 2 , White Lavender (24), and Black (310)
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member