Our unicorns are back with this adorable felt unicorn project. These magical stuffies make a great gift for the unicorn lover in your life. You can create your own with our felt unicorn DIY tutorial below. So gather your tools, materials, and creativity, and join us in creating this fantastic fantasy project.
A Unicorn is Born
If you are making this felt unicorn for a little one who loves unicorns, you might also want to craft some unicorn wall art or a felt stick unicorn for them to ride around on. We also have another magical creature you can make — our felt pegasus stuffie! To browse more of our felt animal stuffies, click here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Paint Brush (optional)
- Sewing Needle
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – White
- Black and White Paint (optional)
- 2 Gray Beads
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Pink (225), Purple (3743), Light Shell Gray (453), and White (5200)
How to Make a Felt Unicorn
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the unicorn pattern below.
- Cut out felt pieces according to the pattern using scissors or a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4.
- Use a blanket stitch to attach one Back to one Body piece. Line up pink dots on face of Body and head of Back piece.
- Blanket stitch Belly piece to Body, lining up the head side of the Belly piece to the head side of Back piece. Sew down the neck to the first leg.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files, and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY designs. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and team