Our felt brown bear stuffie is our fourth and final addition to our new series of felt woodland creatures. Just like our barn owl, raccoon, and red fox, this stuffie is a great intermediate craft project. Altogether, they make such a sweet collection and would be perfect for a kid’s room or to use as nursery decor.
If you’re more of a beginner—or you’re new to felt stuffies—try making this little felt bear instead. Or we have mini bears you can make, too. Both of these projects are a great way to practice and improve your stitching skills, and they make such cute gifts, too!
The Bear Necessities
Everything you need to craft this felt brown bear stuffie is listed below under tools and materials. You will also find the pattern, photo tutorial, and written instructions as downloads at the end of the post.
Once you’re done crafting your felt brown bear stuffie, you can give him something to hold. He’s cute on his own, but this just makes him look even cuter, we think! Sometimes we sew an object into a stuffie’s hands, like with our felt polar bear stuffie. And sometimes we just place something there. For our felt brown bear stuffie, we gave him a felt eucalyptus sprig to hold.
If you have little ones who want to join in on the crafting fun with you, check out our felt pine cone bears. This is a super simple and fun craft project for kids. And it’s a great way for everyone in the family to spend time crafting together.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Needles
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Bark Brown, Mushroom, Black
- Embroidery Floss – Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), Light Mocha Brown (3782), Black (310)
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Stuffie Puff (Poly-Fil)
- Tacky Glue
How to Make a Felt Brown Bear Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the bear pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut felt according to the template notes, using your scissors or a Cricut Maker. Use a dab of glue to hold details in place for sewing.
- Whip stitch the belly, face, and ear details in place; then blanket stitch the ear pieces together.
- Whip stitch the nose in place and straight stitch a mouth below the nose.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Get Crafty with Us!
Want more ideas like this one? Browse our whole collection of felt stuffies on the site. Or check out all of our felt and fiber crafts. We also have paper flowers, jewelry, and many more DIY project ideas, if you want to try working with a medium other than felt.
Questions? Let us know in the comments below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.